The LaPorte United Methodist Church was founded in 1825. Meeting first in various locations and served by Methodist circuit riders, the church within two decades would establish itself at its present location in 1842. The past seventy years have seen several changes to the original structure, including the addition of a fellowship hall, the building of a new sanctuary in 1961, and the construction of a new Sunday School wing and fellowship hall in 1990. Several reminders of our shared heritage remain within our memories, in photographs, and within the church itself, including a cross made from the timbers of the first church at this location. Today we continue this grand legacy by honoring our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through worship, prayer, and outreach to our local and world community.
Welcome to LaPorte United Methodist Church!